Not really a hope that I would be well enough to host a birthday lunch today. Woke in the night with sore chest and coughing, had to sleep elevated on pillows to breathe properly, so our little get together has been postponed until further notice.
However – in v good mood, not for any particular reason. Several thing have happened, or come together, which perked me up.
- Japanese Crochet book arrived and is lovely as promised. It is, of course, in Japanese but has diagrams in it and after a quick shifty and a google browse I reckon I can work out what to do.
- Whilst searching for diagrams, I came across a brilliant knitting/crochet site that has tons of free pattern and also sells the yarn Garn Studio . Has a fun pattern for crocheting slippers by sewing granny squares together and felting them.
- Finished my scarf and I love it. I am actually wearing it as I write. It has some of my very first crocheted squares in it which are a bit wonky and will forever remind me of the learning curve 😉 And it has pom poms..
- I have just been on the phone arranging with my Mum for a visit down to see her this Easter weekend, and incorporated into that visit we will be attending my good friend Kate’s wedding on Saturday at Karori Wild Life Sanctuary, YAY!!
- Then on Easter Monday we are having a ‘family lunch’ with my birth family. My Granny is coming down from Palmerston North for it.
- I have an episode of QI to watch
- Having the flu now means that it will all be over with by Easter.
- We will be having 10 o’clock Cookie Company hot cross buns and Queen Ann chocolate for Easter. Greed always overcomes any reservations this pagan feels about celebrating other religions festivals, lol! Enjoy the best bits – chuck the rest, is my motto. But yes – how weird is it celebrating spring, in the middle of our antipodean autumn?
- We have tons of harvest veg and are giving some away.
- My dog has lovely, spotty legs.
Enough – I think you get the picture, full of the joys of autumn. Now for some photos..