Any given Sunday will find us walking the girls somewhere a bit further away from home. Today was the turn of Henley Lake in Masterton, and with sun shining. clear blue sky and crispy air what’s not to like?.
Then it was a spot of friend visiting and coffee drinking. Along the way we somehow managed to pick up the following:
- a small antique armchair which I had given away and has now returned to the fold
- a rather nice mirror – on loan until my friend Yvonne has room to put it
- about 15 Jerusalem Artichokes for planting
- three Borage plants
- one bottle of beer to make beer bread with, plus the recipe
- a recipe for Moroccan Lentil Soup that we had last night at Yvonne’s plus a teaspoon of Moroccan spice mixture
- one Mint plant
- One other plant, whose name I can’t remember but it starts with a P
- A small pile of Elephant poo for the garden from the site where the circus has been the week before – Wayhay!!
We have good and generous friends.
One of the things I most love about having a garden is that you can give stuff away, either when its fresh or later when you’ve preserved it, its all good.